We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. Westside Football Club supports The FA’s Respect programme to ensure football can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment. Remember children’s football is a time for them to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning isn’t everything. Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct for spectators and parents/carers at all time.
- Remember that children play for fun.
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success.
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions.
- Remain outside the field of play and within the designated spectators’ area (where provided).
- Let the coach/manager do their job. Do not confuse the players by telling them what to do.
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials.
- Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning.
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA, league of The FA:
- Issued with a verbal warning from a club or league official.
- Required to meet with the club, league or County FA Welfare Officer.
- Required to meet with the club discipline committee.
- Obliged to undertake an FA education course.
- Obliged to leave the match venue.
- Requested by the club not to attend future games.
- Suspended or have my club membership removed.
- Required to leave the club along with any dependents.
- Be liable for any fines imposed by the club, County FA, The FA.
- All kit, coats, bags etc remain the property of Westside Football Club and should be surrendered on demand or when leaving the club. No annual subscription will qualify as payment for the above items.
- If any parents should have any complaints or grievances please see their respective Manager and if this does not resolve the problem, please contact the Chairman.